Triangle Area Polo offers a youth team for school age members (senior in high school or younger). There is a reduced membership fee for youth members.
Youth team members may participate in regular club practices or events and also in dedicated youth team practices. Head Coach David Brooks works with young players on riding, rules, strategy, teamwork, horsemanship and good sportsmanship.
Triangle Area Polo fields both middle school and high school teams which compete in the United States Polo Association Interscholastic (I/S) games.
Students wishing to try out for the team must be:
- in 5th through 12th grade
- in good academic standing at their school
- registered as a USPA Junior Member
- a member of Triangle Area Polo Club
- available to practice at least once a week
- able to travel several weekends during the fall/winter competition season